Monday, April 27, 2009


I just was notified yesterday that my colored pencil painting, "Pepper, Pot & Red Onions" won a Merit Award at the LAC Containers Exhibit. I was very pleased as it's been a long time since I have exhibited anything or won an award. Maybe things are looking up?
Maybe I'm not being fair to myself...I really haven't been focusing on exhibits for awhile. I have been focused on learning about Light and Shadow painting from my pastel instructor, Deb Bays.
This piece was the first one that I tried applying the concepts to colored pencil painting. The juror said she loved the darks and the rich color. So I must be learning something!!


6 comments:

Carolina said...

Congratulations! Well deserved :)

artbykarieann said...

Well done for a superb piece.

hbedrosian said...

Of course it won an award; it's beautiful!

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hi Cindy, that IS a beautiful painting! I think we may be in the same boat. No Time. I have a full time job and I'm sure I spend a min. of 40 hrs. on my art. Either painting or on this crazy computer. I wish you lots of success AND happiness.

simoart said...

Hi
It is a beautiful painting, you deserved the award. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much for your encouragement! Tonight is the reception and awards. Should be fun.