Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Five Queens

"Five Queens"
8 x 10" pastel on panel
Day 27 of 30 paintings in 30 days challenge
Abstracted Landscape

I worked in the studio later today as I wanted to stay down in Lakewood for an art reception tonight at the 40 West Art Gallery. There was a nice buzz of activity at the studios - a reporter from one of the lifestyle magazines in Denver taking a tour, a visitor in studio 8 next door, lights going up on the overhang out front.

After working fairly quickly on today's painting I headed down the block to the gallery and attended a reception for "Point of Departure" produced by the Athena Project whose mission is to empower women and strengthen the Denver community through developing and showcasing women's and girls' artistic contributions, while inviting new audiences into the creative process.

I love my art community!

No comments: