Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Nine

"The Nine"
9 x 12" pastel on panel
Day 26 of 30 in the painting challenge
Click here to purchase painting

I read this morning that nine saguaro cacti were vandalized at the Saguaro National Park in AZ in the last couple of days. When I read it my thoughts were how sad that some would essentially kill living things just for the "fun" of it. Then the story and my thoughts slipped from my mind.

Later today when I faced my painting surface I started making marks and laying in a few colors. Fifteen minutes into it I thought these look like trees...no they look like cactus and the story about the vandalism popped forward in my thoughts. So it become an abstracted landscape with saguaro cactus.

If you look closely you will find nine cactus of varying sizes and shapes. I'm still sad someone would do this to the beautiful saguaro.

No comments: