Monday, January 6, 2014

Day Number 6 - Pffft

Day 6....didn't quite get there before I hit the wall.
I've worked hard for the last 5 days...painting a completed painting each day is hard work even if the end result is a small painting.  I hit the wall about 30 minutes ago...you know...the place where you think "I can't go on."  Ok, I surrender!  I'll finish the painting on Wednesday.

For those of you who have only met me through the 30 in 30 Day challenge, I am also the national president for the Colored Pencil Society of America.  We are in the middle of quite a few projects and my email has been a flurry of activity and things to do this morning.  That takes priority over painting most days.

I also have my 4 yr old granddaughter, Emma, tomorrow. She is a force of nature and requires undivided attention...so I need my rest.  I didn't go to sleep until 1:30 last night and I'd better be in bed by 10pm tonight or tomorrow will be a nightmare for me.

So there you have it...Day 6...I clearly need to work on endurance.

3 comments:

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Cynthia,

I thought you were a Colored Pencil artist, in addition to your wonderful oils. I like this painting very much as it is. I like the way the cup and fruit sort of dissolve; wonderfully mysterious.

Cynthia Haase said...

Thank you Peggy! The painting, as is, is sort of growing on me. I started my art journey as a colored pencil artist in the early 2000's, then moved to pastels in about 2007, then on to oils in 2010. I always go back to colored pencils occasionally and love the community of colored pencil artists. Like family!

Sandi G said...

Enjoy your time with your Grandaughter ,even painting can't compare to those special times ..I know grand children are a gift.Love your paintings.