Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In the Pink...At Least Someone Is...

"In the Pink"
5 x 7 Oil on Canvas Panel
Click Here to Purchase Painting

I received some free samples of Gamblin's FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors in my goodie bag at the Colored Pencil Society of American convention this summer.  I stuck them in a drawer and just recently came across them, and thought I would try them out. 

This one was painted with a red, not sure which one...didn't write it down.  But it's a pink red and pretty intense.  I painted it as an undercolor on a canvas panel and let it dry for a couple of days.

I think it adds some harmony to the painting and I love the peeks of pinkish red popping out against the greens, yellows, and neutrals.

I'm hoping to be "in the pink" myself soon.  I have a chiropractor's visit tomorrow afternoon to see if I can get some help and relief from my back and right hip problems.

2 comments:

Craftcherry said...

Beautiful piece! The colors are amazing.
Hope your trip to the chiro is successful!

Sherry Schmidt said...

Very Perky and wonderful Cynthia!