Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Colored Pencil Piece

Vintage Teapot 9 x 12 (photo...so far)

I bought this beautiful Gibson's Staffordshire vintage teapot as part of my vintage business several months ago. On Thursday I bought a beautiful deep red rose and played "photographer" using some of the concepts about lighting and composition I have learned in pastel class.

I'm starting the colored pencil piece today. It's way too complex for me to pull off in pastels at this point, but I may try the pastels after I finish this piece.

3 comments:

Christine Perry | Graphite Art said...

This looks like it will become a beautiful piece of Still Life art! I am looking forward seeing this develop!

Karen Hargett said...

Oh wow what a beautiful comp and the love the lighting. Well done. I can't wait to see you start on it.

I'm sure you have mentioned it but who do you take pastel classes with or is it thru a school?

Unknown said...

Hi Christine! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! Stop in anytime :-)

Hey Karen, good to "see" you. I take pastel classes from Deborah Bays here in Denver...they are not through a school but a private studio (Terry Ludwig, maker of pastels, has a studio not far from my home and that's where the class is.) Deb doesn't have a website as she is represented by various galleries...so if you Google her name you can see some of her work.