Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ahhhhh! Back to Work

Yesterday was our second pastel class of 2009. The week before we had two new students and we spent alot of time going over the basics again, which was wonderful. The more you hear and understand the easier it is to put the information into practice.

So yesterday I spent the class getting my peppers set up again, getting the drawing more accurate and getting my lights and darks laid in. I'm having a little problem with the pepper on the left as it's bright yellow and I'm having trouble seeing the darks. But if I squint it's easier to see them.

I love working from real life...I'm not as adept at it as I am working from photos, but it's soooooo engrossing. My body is not used to standing for 3 hours, so I'm going to have to work on my stamina. Came home and had to take a couple of Advil.

My next step is to start laying in some correct value colors in the dark areas...probably dark green, dark red, dark purple. Then to work on the lights.

In this way of working, we are asked to detail either the light or the dark, but not both. So I will be putting my detail in the light.

No comments: