Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finessed enough!

"Pepper, Pot & Red Onions", 8" x 10" colored pencil on pastel board

This is the first colored pencil piece I have finished since I started taking pastel classes with Deb. So now I need to start (and quickly) a piece I can use for the CPSA International in Atlanta this summer. I can't use this piece because it has Acrylic under the lights.

I now have uploaded the print size digital image to Imagekind.com so that I can get note cards printed. I LOVE their note cards...they arrive looking just super professional in their little plastic sleeve. The colors have been spot on and the quality of the card itself is very pleasing.

One of the online markets that I really seem to gravitate to is 1000Markets.com. I get pretty good views there. There is also a place for people to leave comments and each shop has the capability to blog right on their shop. Gee, one more blog...but the site is really clean and the people seem really encouraging. I loaded the original art for sale.

I also loaded the original art for sale on Yessy.com. It doesn't really have much of a community, which is sooooo fine. I have enough community. But what I do like is that the views are wonderful and come from all over the world.


We had a great class yesterday although my pastel painting is quite tenuous still. We discussed the "concept" idea again, and those thoughts are rattling around in my brain. Tomorrow I will post my work from class and talk a bit more about my "concept" for the painting as I understand the idea....which at this point is pretty close to nil!

8 comments:

hbedrosian said...

Cindy,

I would never guess this was colored pencil! There is something about the lighting and shadows of this piece that make it so realistic and inviting.

Unknown said...

Thank you Holly! I appreciate your feedback. It might be the edges that take it from the colored pencil look to more of a pastel look. Our pastel class is alot about edges. I have always had more photographic edges rather than painterly/hard and soft edges.

Carolina said...

Hello Cindy,
I've been following your blog for a while now (as 'anonymous'), but now that I started to blog I feel confident enough to leave you a comment.
I like your blog very much, and this painting, started 'long' ago, turned out to be amazing, in my humble opinion, and my favorite part is the onions, I love them, they look so real. Congratulations on your work!

PS: Second comment, the first one got lost in hyperspace...

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Beautiful composition and very good contrast of colors!

Beth Macre said...

Hi Cindy! Lovely still life! I thought it was pastel too. Its a shame you can't use this one for cpsa.
Thanks for the info on the places you sell. I hope to do more in the future, so I hope you will keep us updated on pros/cons, quality of prints/cards, etc.

Unknown said...

Welcome Carolina! I'm so happy you have introduced yourself. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope you will check in often.

Greetings Ramesh! Thank you for your remarks, I do so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

What a wonderful world that I could log in today and find a comment from a new friend in Peru and one in India. I can't tell you how exciting that is for me.

Art is one way to transcend borders!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth!

The entry of my artwork into the CPSA exhibits has eluded me except for Albuquerque. But I hope as I learn and grow I will be able to express myself with more passion, vision and skill. There is such talent in the exhibits these days that all I can do is "paint better today than I did yesterday", so that my progress becomes the measure....not acceptances.

I'm glad the online markets info is helpful!

Brenda Boylan said...

This is so beautifully rendered! I wonder what Rembrandt would say?