Monday, April 28, 2008

Classic Tomatoes in Pastel

This is the last painting I am reworking in pastel pencils over colored pencil. This was done on brown Colorfix sanded paper and was just too dark (posted originally on Dec 21, 2007). Again, these pieces photographed beautifully, but framed and hanging in regular lighting just disappeared.

You might want to click on the image and see the details as I have used lots of crosshatching and scribbling with the pastel pencils.


Classic Tomatoes I (7.5" x 11") Colored Pencil/Pastel Pencils on Brown Colorfix (12" x 16" Framed)

7 comments:

Regina said...

Cindy-
You are a source of much inspiration for me. I love what you have done with the tomatoes.
What kind of pastel pencils are you using?

I did a couple colored pencil on black studies this winter after seeing your stunning work. I have observed the same quality of having them photograph better than they appear in real life.
Thanks for sharing.

Jeanette Jobson said...

How gorgeous is this Cindy...you make me want to break out the pastels again.

Unknown said...

Oh Regina....thank you so much! I am using Carbothello's by Stabilo. I also have a set of General's that I received as a complimentary gift at the CPSA convention last year. I like them but not as much as the Carbo's.

Hi Jeanette! C'mon girl, get dusty!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, this is gorgeous ! I love the colored details and tones that you added by hatching and cross-hatching. Congratulations !

Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Cindy,
Wow! Pastels? You go girl!
The close up is incredible...but the funny part of that is that I felt like an ant crawling around the pick-nic table looking at your tasty tomatoes. Let me know when you do more pastel work...I'm waiting with baited breath to see what you will do with them.
Your dusty friend, Brenda

Paulette said...

This is great. Thank you for the close up.

Unknown said...

I'm a bit behind in my responses. I do so appreciate the comments!

Thank you Catherine!

Thank you Brenda! My pastels seem to be calling me....I hear them in my sleep :-0

Thank you Paulette!