Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Glory in the Garden

I have been lax in my posting!! We had our granddaughter last week and there was no hope for doing any artwork. This week I'm trying to get caught up on my Membership Director responsibilities for CPSA.

My other big news is that tomorrow I start the process for getting braces. I'm going to be 60 this year and instead of 60 being the new 40.....I've decided for me 60 is the new 13!

I just sold this piece which was a nice suprise. I created it in 2004 when I was working in a bold circular stroke, sometimes called circulism (the term and technique generated from colored pencil artist Maggie Toole.)

Glory in the Garden 10 x 10.5" colored pencil on black paper Sold

10 comments:

Paulette said...

Congratulations on the braces and the sale!

hbedrosian said...

Cindy,

This piece is beautiful - I love the delicate rose set against such rich colors in the background. Congratulations!

Grangry said...

Congratulations - we recently had grandson number 3 takingthe grandchild total to 4!

Beautiful colours in that painting - lucky buyer!

Jan said...

This is gorgeous but I love everything that I've seen of yours.

Congratulations on the sale and good for you not letting age stop you from doing something you want to do! Personally, I think 60 is a great age! lol

Beth Macre said...

Congratulations on the sale Cindy!

Jeanette Jobson said...

This is a lovely piece CIndy. The colours and light are beautiful. Congrats on selling it.

Fannie said...

Excellent piece, Cindy! Lucky buyer--great purchase.

Braces . . . wonderful.

Making A Mark said...

You did make me smile with 60 being the new 13! Good luck with the braces

...and nice to see your circulism again

Marsha Robinett said...

This is simply lovely. You've captured the delicate quality of the rose...I can almost feel the soft petals and smell the fragrance. Congratulations on the sale.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much for the good wishes on my braces...

I'm a bit behind on my responses as I have been preparing for getting the brackets on tomorrow.

And thank you all for the congrats on my sale. It's always gives you hope that you might just make it as an artist when you sell something.