Monday, April 28, 2008

Workshop was wonderful!

The workshop using watersoluble products and colored pencil on pastel bord is over. It was a wonderful group of 17 people, from beginners to accomplished artists.

Many of the folks loved the pastel bord and using the water soluble products to do the underpainting. One of my good friends told me this morning that she ordered a set of 72 Derwent Coloursofts after I let a couple of students try out a couple of my CSofts. We all worked on the Pear Study and everyone of them was bright, rich color with lots of dimension and texture. A couple oil painters actually had finished pieces that looked like oil paintings.

Two wonderful ladies from the local Denver CPSA Chapter brought pieces they did on black after the last workshop in February. I was in awe and so humbled to have inspired them to create such lovely pieces. I can't wait to see what people do on their own after this workshop.

I actually took my video camera, it was set up on a borrowed tripod....but I got so involved that I forgot to even turn it on. I also took my digital and it stayed in my purse the whole time.

I was wiped out afterwards and all day yesterday. But I managed to drag myself out of bed this morning and get to paint group ;-)

The next workshop will be the fall.....stay tuned for details.

No comments: