Friday, February 5, 2010
OK - We're Making Progress!
Made some changes to the background last night:
- changed the shape in the lower left corner
- softened all the edges
- toned down the values in the background
Things left to be done:
- typical of the style of print in the fabric I will be outlining some of the shapes but with a darker value than I originally used
- finish refining the tulip bowl
- finish refining the silk case
- make any last adjustments (in pastel class we call this the "last 20%")
This painting is a "light and shadow" painting where the light reveals the form of the objects...however, the background is a big ol' tonal passage where the shapes and values define the objects.
I'm soooooo ready to move on....but "finish" needs to be a "happy" concept, not a "dirty" word.