Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February Challenge at Studio Atelier - Work in Progress

And now for something completely different! I don't usually do landscapes as I really love still life. My friend and fellow blogger, Barb Benik, at Studio Atelier has set up a monthly challenge to paint a photo of her choosing. If you check out her blog you will see the resource photo and other artists' interpretations of the photo. Such great fun, but I don't know if I will meet the 2/22/10 deadline as I have been down with the flu and also overwhelmed with other responsibilities.

Can't wait to see what is up for March!


"CO High Country" 11 x 14" Pastel on Rust Sanded Paper (Work in Progress)

The progress thus far is only the first layers to get the large structures in. I wasn't in the mood today to pay close attention to the shadow shapes on the road...so tomorrow night I will have to buckle down and focus.

I selected the rust colored paper because there are really great warm tones in the photo resource.


2 comments:

Barb Benik said...

Hey, Cindy. Thanks for mentioning my Studio Atelier blog. You have a great start on your challenge piece for February. Hope to see your submittal!

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Cindy. I love the shadows in this piece so far - I'm sure it'll turn out great.

I gave you a Sunshine Award today on my blog, check it out at http://younglaosilkpaintings.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-award.html