Monday, December 28, 2009

Berries in Blue Pitcher - Just about finished

Hope everyone had a very special holiday, now we can look forward to the New Year and all it's wonderful possibilities!


Painted yesterday and today in the studio and am nearly finished with this piece. More work on the cloth, I think, and some tweaking here and there.


My goals were to use the concept of "intensity", muted colors except for my center of interest. The second was to create a patterned background that was subtle and painterly and didn't overpower the foreground or the center of interest. Do you think I accomplished my goals?


"Berries in Blue Pitcher" (Work in Progress) 16" x 20" Pastel on Wallis Paper




Close-up of "Berries in Blue Pitcher"

Close Up of "Berries in Blue Pitcher"

1 comment:

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Oh, its just charming!! Congratulations on reaching the "home stretch". Happy New Year!