Monday, November 23, 2009

Cherry Tomatoes & Silver Pitcher - Study - WIP

Sketched in and a layer or two of pastel

Another study....this time cherry tomatoes (again, clumpy things) and a little silver pitcher. When I set up the lighting I got this lovely looooong cast shadow from the left tomato. This is 9 x 12" pastel on white sanded paper.

I started the study last Thursday night in class...and was able to get at least a layer or two on the paper before the end of class. I wasn't able to get back to the studio until today and expected shriveled up little tomatoes. Not so...they were just as lovely as they were last Thursday.
At this point I am just layering color and adjusting shapes and values. The silver pitcher will mostly be revealed by it's reflections.


"Cherry Tomatoes & Silver Pitcher Study" 9 x 12" pastel (Work in Progress)

2 comments:

Ken & Mira said...

Lovely post!

Carolina said...

Cindy, thanks so much for sharing your wips...!