Monday, January 2, 2012

Lime and Three Cranberries....and 2012 Word

"Lime and Three Cranberries" 4 x 4 Oil on Gessobord
SOLD
For the last couple of years I've selected a word for the year.  Some of my previous words have been "Dance", "Breathe", and "Paint.  This year my word to live by is "Strong". 

I have some pretty big challenges and opportunities this year:  President of Colored Pencil Society of America, Marketing for Lakewood Arts Council, teaching a pastel workshop in April here in town, and again in November in Rising Sun, IN, teaching a colored pencil workshop on an Alaskan cruise in September, taking a plein air workshop in Carmel by the Sea in May.  Not to mention painting and preparing for several exhibitions, and my daily paintings to sell to pay my studio rent.

Given all that I want to be STRONG emotionally, physically, spiritually and creatively. Not to play weak but "strong". Strong art, strong marketing. It's the word I search for when things get dicey. What's your word?

No comments: