Friday, November 11, 2011

What Do I Do When I Don't Paint?

"Sunset" 9 x 12 pastel on board
being delivered to the Littleton "Own an Original" Show and Sale today

"Strawberries in Blue Bowl" 6 x 6 being shipped to
Randy Higbee Gallery in Costa Mesa, CA
for the 6" Squared Exhibit and Sale
I frame, deliver and ship paintings.  I also am the President and Marketing/Outreach person for Lakewood Arts Council, serving Jefferson County in CO.   My duties are to maintain the website, blog, and Facebook page.

I just took over on November 1st as the President of the national organization, Colored Pencil Society of America.  Previously I had been the Membership Director for five years.

Finding time to paint is basically carving time out and being committed to it, and on the days I don't paint make sure my activities are art-related.

And yes, it's cheaper than therapy!

1 comment:

Sue Harrell said...

Your work is beautiful. I've enjoyed reading your blog, and found the information you gave about Flemish painting especially helpful. I'd like to give it a try.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.