Monday, November 14, 2011

The Start of Red Grapes

"Red Grapes" Underpainting

"Red Grapes" First Layers of Color
Didn't get much painting done today...too many Monday emails and start of the week stuff!  But I did get a good start on these "Red Grapes" 6 x 6 Oil on Gessobord.  As you can see the first photo is my sketch/underpainting.  The second photo shows my efforts to paint the darks and to get the mid-tones in.  What's left is to paint the light!

Once I painted the first layers, and knowing I won't be able to get back to this until Wednesday, I took a big  mop brush and softened all the edges on the grapes.  I didn't want any paint ridges to cause me problems when I begin to paint the light later this week.  I can reestablish edges in the next layers.

Tomorrow is our beautiful two year old granddaughter, Emma's, day at Papa and Wanga's.  Nothing gets done except playing on Tuesdays.

No comments: