Friday, June 12, 2009

Movie Queen Series - Ava Gardner

This weekend I posted about my Movie Queen series of ACEO's. This fiber art piece is my offering for the most glamorous wife of Mickey Rooney, then Artie Shaw and finally Ol' Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra.

I found a lovely piece of vintage gold jewelry and once I put it together with the other components Ava popped into my mind's eye. I can especially picture her living with Sinatra in their ultra modern home of the 50's. The house has been featured a couple of times on reality television, most recently "The Bachelor".

"Glamour" Fiber Art ACEO 2.5" x 3.5" - broadcloth, felt, rayon thread, yarn, beads, and jewelry



Ava Gardner Click here to read more about Ava and her sometimes hard-knock life. But, mercy, she was glamourous.

No comments: