Thursday, December 31, 2015

Another Calendar Year

"Where Spirits Play"
6 x 7.5" pastel on paper
Last painting of 2015
Used as Day 2 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge

While it's neither an end nor a beginning, I want to thank my family for getting me through the most difficult year in my life. My Mom who at 86 is still a source of my greatest comfort, my sisters for sharing new adventures and showing me how to stand on my own two feet, my sons for loving me and making sure I'm really OK (and making me tea), my dear best friends for being at my side through it all (every day), my sweet grandchildren for reassuring me that life will go on, and my Mark for giving me his all for 35 years so that I have what I need to begin my life again. I most definitely have a wonderful life. 

Here's to a new calendar year, 2016!  May it bring you much joy. 

"Joy is the ultimate act of defiance" 
Sheryl Sandberg attributed to Bono

No comments: