Thursday, September 3, 2015

Rembrance, Yellow Roses

"Remembrance" 5 x 7" oil on canvas
Shown with a virtual gold frame, black or white would also work

I haven't been painting much...well, actually, not at all. I don't know why I find it so difficult to do,but today I tried bribing myself. I promised myself if I painted I could go to Bliss Frozen Yogurt and have a treat. Sad, isn't it?

These roses were on the dining room table at my daughter-in-law's this spring for Mother's Day. Of course, I had to take a picture. I started the painting about 2 or 3 months ago and lost interest. So today I decided it was time to finish it.

I've been spending my time on Colored Pencil Society of America activities, taking classes in Microsoft Office - yes, it looks like I will need to be employed. I'm hoping for part-time or temporary so I can paint and travel a little.

So now I'm off to Bliss! I'll have to think of a new bribe, frozen yogurt every day will not be a good thing.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Merchant said...

Remembrance, Yellow Roses - explodes off the canvas into a life of it's own. I'll have to stop by your site again ... soon.