Friday, February 7, 2014

Redux of a Rose

"Hey Bud! Version 2"
4 x 4" oil on Gessobord
SOLD
I painted this rose last week and I knew at the time I would revisit it.  I was so timid with the paint there was barely any paint on the panel.  I was so concerned about color and shape that I forgot about the quality of the paint.

So today I painted over it and the chant was "make juicy paint" as it has been for my two previous paintings. Now I'm much happier with it and the buyer obviously was as well. Sold to my high school girlfriend about 5 minutes after I posted it.

She is a wonderful gardener and is also the owner of "Blush."  I'm so fortunate to have so many family members and friends that support my art.


2 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

COngrats on the sale! Sometimes things really are better the second time around...

hmuxo said...

A perfect rose! Congratulations on the sale.