Friday, February 1, 2013

New Paintings and Spare Time

"Conversations"
6 x 6 oil on Gessobord
SOLD

"Cherry on Purple"
6 x 6 oil on Gessobord
SOLD
Been having fun with color and lots of brush work for the last couple of days.  I'll be making the most of my last month at the studio.  Sadly, June and I have decided the rent money could be spent on lots of other things, and we both could take advantage of the spaces we have in our basements.  I think after two years I have enough discipline to now carry on at home.  If not, I'll be looking for studio space :-)

In case anyone is wondering what I do in my spare time...hah!  I also serve as the president for the Colored Pencil Society of America, an excellent art society with a board of 13 and a membership of over 1500 worldwide (mostly in the US.)

Each year CPSA holds two excellent exhibitions, one online exploring mixed media with colored pencil as the dominant medium, and one international exhibition held in a different location each year.  This year we will be at the Brea City Gallery (CA) in July and August.

We are pleased to unveil our ET!9 online beginning today at the CPSA website.  Here is the direct link to the exhibition.  There are some extraordinarily creative works this year and it could be our best Explore This! exhibition to date.  Enjoy!



No comments: