Friday, June 1, 2012

New Pastel Painting Begins

I love going to the local antique mall, Brass Armadillo, and looking for simple objects to use in my still life paintings.  On Monday, hubby and I went scouting for some new things.  My eyes and my short attention span focused on this blue-green tinted vintage bottle.  I knew it would be a perfect match for the red tea roses that grow (quite wildly) outside the studio.  Here are the beginnings of the 8 x 8" pastel on brown Colourfix sanded paper.  It isn't titled yet.


Blocking In



First Layers

3 comments:

jimserrettstudio said...

Wonderful, great start.
Will have to follow this.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jim! You do wonderful work...just checked it out.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and follow my blog.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for posting your steps. I love seeing the in between phases. Your use of colour is lovely!