Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Developing Layers on Diva

"Diva" Work In Progress
Working On Layers
6 x 6 Pastel on Sanded Paper
It was so cold in the studio today, and we seem to blow the circuit breaker when we plug in a heater...so my little fingers just couldn't quite make much progress on the new "Diva" painting.

What I'm doing is adding layers of soft color after doing my sketch and blocking in my darks.

I have painted this before in oil and was very impressionistic.  I'm intending for this one to be more realistic, seed and all. 

It should be finished by Friday and will be listed in my Etsy shop at $60 with free US Shipping.

In other news, yesterday I sent off the second of my paintings to be included in the Missouri Valley Impressionists Society's Member show at Got Art Gallery on Third in Lee's Summit, MO.  I always get things done just under the wire, or maybe with my chin touching the wire!

1 comment:

Nancy Goldman said...

This is a beautiful, dramatic painting Cynthia.