Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tomato Number Two 4 x 4

"Tomato Number Two" 4 x 4 Oil on Gessobord

Off to the Castle Gallery in IN

Quote for the Day from The Art Spirit by Robert Henri - "Know what the old masters did. Know how they composed their pictures, but do not fall into the conventions they established. These conventions were right for them, and they are wonderful. They made their language. You make yours."

My Kindle is wonderful. As I'm reading if something strikes me as being pertinent to my world I can highlight it and then go to my Clippings folder and there it is.

Today's quote is on the side of not fashioning your paintings after another artist (whether it be plagiarism, derivative or plain old-fashioned admiration.) I was able to spell correctly plagiarism and derivative. (Thanks to my Kindle dictionary!)