Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From Painter to Grandma Over Five Days

"Lemon on Purple" 5 x 7" oil on Raymar Panel
Click Here to Purchase Painting

We had a lovely time with our granddaughter, Emma, Friday through Tuesday. Her Mom and Dad (referred to as the "Staff") took a weekend trip and went back to work yesterday. It was a most educational time. I learned lots of new songs like "Barnyard Boogie" and "Use a Word". Stimulating! ;-)

I was back in the studio today but I had to relearn everything having to do with painting (while humming "Use a Word".)

Hopefully, by the end of the week I'll be working a little easier and faster!

All the paintings that were created for Castle Gallery in Ft Wayne, IN were sent off yesterday. I spoke to the gallery owner on Saturday and she said she would let me know how they were received during the opening on the 11th of February.

1 comment:

Mike Menius said...

excellent treatment of the lemon. The soft edges make it glow into the surrounding purples. great!