Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ellipses....Aaaaaack!


"Joe in a Dainty Cup", 6 x 6" oil on Gessobord
(It was painted in a day so guess that makes it a daily painting)
Not Available

Now who's bright idea was it to paint a dainty coffee cup (with coffee in it? and a saucer?) Yep I think that was me in one of my grandiose moments. "Oh sure, no problem, it's just brushstrokes, shapes and color!" I felt like swearing outloud every two minutes...but I didn't want to hurt Junie B's ears, because she never swears (big fat wink).

Ellipses (flattened out circles) are very difficult to draw let alone paint. I was all ready to call it a day when I remembered to look at it backwards in the mirror. Oh my.....I couldn't leave it the way it was. It may not be perfect, but it was the best I could do for today and that's all I will ask of myself...to paint the very best I can on any given day.

Reposted the photo on 2-24-11.

2 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

It's really amazing the different perspective you get form looking at your work in the mirror. I like your attitude of being happy with doing the best you can every day... I'm gonna have to try to remember that!

Lynda Schumacher said...

I had to chuckle, Cindy: you are out there cursing your elipses, and I am here in Michigan having FITS over my attempts to draw dust (of all things - good grief). I'm sure at times you have heard my cussing all the way out there in Colorado. We will just keep moving forward - in spite of ourselves! Love your paintings; they are an inspiration to me (to my 'internal oil painter'.....the one I don't know is there yet!) xo