Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change in Title - Still a WIP

"Silver Pitcher & Dried Rose" (Work in Progress)
10 x 16" Pastel

This has been on the back burner forever, mostly because I got hung up on painting the apple blossoms. Then it hit me, with a little help at a critique......get rid of the apple blossoms and paint something else that does work. So I brushed out the offending little blossoms and have blocked in a dried rose. I like the colors and shape much better.

I also smooshed a lot more oranges and rusts into the midtones, more greens and browns into the shadows, and more yellows and light peaches into the lights. Today I began putting in the specifics that will help the form of each object. The silver pitcher and the teacup are pretty much finished.....still working on the mini jar, the dried rose and the foreground.

Slowly but surely, I am getting to the end.


1 comment:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

CIndy, you're so good at conveying the surface texture of different types of crockery. The delicacy you got in the cup and reflections in the teapot are so believable.