Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Number 1-11 of my 100 Project

I just realized I haven't posted any of the rest of my 100 project paintings on my blog.

For those of you who are just hearing about the 100 Project, I believe it originated in the Pastel Journal quite some time ago. A pastel artist decided to challenge herself by painted the same landscape 100 different ways. Out of the 100 there were several worth framing and some ideas for new paintings.

So I picked a landscape with simple shapes and have had a go at 12 so far. Sure enough, I've learned a ton, had several that were worth framing and it is....well....a challenge!


Number 1

Number 2


Number 3

Number 4


Number 5


Number 6


Number 7


Number 8


Number 9


Number 10


Number 11

1 comment:

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

This sounds like a real challenge Cindy! You'll certainly get a lot of practice from it. How long it is taking you to do each one?

Love #4 best, then #11 and #12 best of all. You really have to push the envelope here don't you? I don't know how you're going to get 100 paintings out of this, but you're being very creative I can see! best wishes on this challenge!

Nancy