Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finishing Projects

"Pear Hugs" 8 x 10 Pastel on Board

I'm calling this one done. I really enjoyed working on this one. I bought some really lovely bell peppers at the grocery store yesterday and I can't wait to set them up and try to capture their "life".




I worked a bit on this one today, trying out some ideas on the color of the cloth. I didn't care for the blue violet that I had so I added rust over the top. I like this direction for color better and after adding some rust to the vertical shapes in the background, I think it pulls the piece together better.

Tomorrow I will refine the color and shapes on the cloth, then work on the pear and dish.

3 comments:

Regina said...

I learn so much from you. I agree with the direction you are taking with the 3 pears. They almost seemed to levitate off the blue violet, but they seem to be settling down quite nicely with the addition of rust.

Ann said...

These are both stunning! I love what you did with the color, and that quality of light in both is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh Regina...I love your comments. You know I did see your coneflower piece that you had in the juried piece. I commented on it somewhere, but you made my day when you said you were inspired by my artwork.

As a teacher, I have always loved seeing my students achieve successes. So as a blogger,which is so much less personal, it's so nice to hear that you can still inspire others. Thank you!

Thanks Ann, I'm having the best time with my pastels and I have always loved the quality of light in other artist's work...and been searching for how to achieve that quality, so your comment was especially heart-warming.