Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Roses - Then and Now

"Roses"
12 x 12" oil on panel

"Roses" is the final outcome of a painting started waaaay last year or maybe even 2013. I got so far and realized I had no idea where to go with it. After starting to paint again last month, especially my "come down off the ledge" paintings, I've been able to loosen up and just think about "impressions". The brush strokes are much looser, edges are softer, and colors are more intermingled. While there still some things I can do to the above painting, I might just let it sit for a bit and see what more I might want to do with it.


First Iteration of Roses
Tight and muted color.....

3 comments:

GoldenClair said...

What a lovely transformation.....I think that all the turmoil
of your last year(s) has found a way of energizing and liberating your art.....accepting of the beauty of "what is".
Congratulations on your new version! Clair Villano

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This one is just my cup of tea. I love it!
The previous version is very well painted but I personally prefer the life in your active brushwork on the new one. Wonderful!

ReStyleGraphic said...

The new version is definitely better. As if I smell flowers.