Saturday, October 27, 2012

Apple Saucy

"Apple Saucy"
5 x 5 Oil on Gessobord
Number 13 in the Scratching the Surface series
Reworked on 11/16/12
Was feeling a little jazzed yesterday listening to Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday, along with a lot of other great jazz tunes.  Love the jazz channel on cable, and I also contribute financially to our local jazz radio station, KUVO (89.3 FM)  It's such feel good music!

This series of scratching/sgrafitto paintings has been fun and such an experience of discovery, and I'm so encouraged by all the feedback I've received on Facebook from artists whose work I really admire.  It's my attempt to go beyond pretty to adding energy and life, to leave something of myself with each painting.

"Apple Saucy" is a redo of an older painting, but I'm not going to post the original...it was really bad and looked nothing like this version.  Just a bunch of colors thrown at the board.  Besides I'm starting to look at some of my older paintings as just "not finished".

1 comment:

Sherry Schmidt said...

Looking apple-y and saucy! I need to find that jazz channel! I just love your new technique.