Monday, October 10, 2011

Mini Orange and White (Pumpkins, that is)

"Mini Orange and White" 5 x 7 Oil on Gessobord
SOLD
Haven't painted since last Wednesday.  Although it felt great to have a few days to just relax and do nothing, I have to say it felt wonderful to be back at the studio painting today.

I have a new DVD I have been studying by Jean Chambers.  I'm sure I will be influence by watching the video just not sure how exactly yet.  I am always looking for color combinations for rich darks.  I learned about Transparent Red Oxide and Ultramarine Blue from Daniel Keys, and from Jean Chambers I have learned about Veridian (Green) and Alizarin Crimson. The latter combo has been used in the background here.  I must admit I love the color.

This daily painting is actually a study for a larger piece with greenery in the mid-ground.  I used acrylic gesso on some canvas boards I had lying around, as I noticed Jean Chambers paints on a textured white surface.  I will be doing the larger study of these pumpkins on the textured surface.

No comments: