Monday, July 25, 2011

Continuation of Apple and Ribbons

This was my stopping point today. Most of the background and the bowl is in.

This was where I started today, just the underpainting.

The steps I took today to take this painting, 9 x 12 oil on gessobord, was to


- rub down the dry underpainting with some walnut oil to get the board to accept new paint smoothly.

-put a little glob of Indian Yellow on the bottom half of the painting and wiped it down. Gives me a "glow-y" effect underneath the top layers.

-painted the background it's final color (transparent red oxide and french ultramarine blue), and also the shadow areas of the bowl.

-started with laying color in the copper bowl, being very careful not to alter my value structure

-painted the apple, shadow first, and then the highlight areas


Hope you are enjoying my little "dog and pony" show!


Stay coooooooool!

2 comments:

Colleen Brown said...

Looking great Cindy!

Dean H. said...

I certainly am enjoying the show, Cindy! Thanks for sharing.