Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green Pot and Eggs

"Green Pot and Eggs" Pastel 8 x 10" on sanded board


I was snowed in this morning, but the sun came out and melted the streets enough for me to get to the studio this afternoon. I could have stayed home but I was bound and determined to paint!

This is 8 x 10 on tan Ampersand Pastelbord, and it took me about 2.5 hours to get to this point. I may need to tweak a few things tomorrow morning...the left egg looks a little too long. But I was happy with my progress.

I'm not completely happy with the composition, I could probably move the whole right side in an inch or so. But for a daily painting exercise it's fine.

1 comment:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Unusual set-up - I like it! You did a great job on describing the curved/flat surface of the pot.