Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fiber Art Demo

Last Saturday we had our final Breakfast Demo for the year. A wonderful continental breakfast was served at 9am. We ate, talked, laughed and got creative, and finished up by 10am.


Kathy's Introduction of Me and My Starbucks!

I presented the topic of the demonstration which was painting on fiber with Neocolor II Watersoluble Crayons, Inktense pencils and acrylic paint. I brought some examples of finished fiber art in different sizes, and we had a good discussion about ATC (Artist Trading Cards), ACEO's (Artist Cards Editions and Originals), miniatures (general guideline is 1:6 scale), Inchies (1 sq in), and Plus Size Inchies (1.5 - 2 sq in).


Using My W/C Brush to Add Water to the Neocolor II's

The demo included painting on cotton fabric and quilt batting, sandwiching the fabric with a stabilizer, embellishing with beads and yarn, and finishing the pieces into fiber art.

Thanks to Kate Cissell for taking photos at the Breakfast Demo!


Finished Fiber Art "Thru Emma's Eyes" 3.5 x 2.5" (ACEO sized)

For other examples of my finished fiber art work, visit my 1000Markets.com store,
Littleton Studio.

No comments: