Tuesday, September 2, 2008

With a Twist II - Peeled Orange in a Twisted Glass

Step 1-Getting some color down with some thoughts about value.......

This is my new colored pencil piece I'm working on. It is 8 x 10 on Ampersand Pastelbord with Coloursoft by Derwent.

The Coloursofts are wonderful and chalky and can be smooshed nicely into the tooth of the board with the stencil brush.

I found this wonderful glass at the Goodwill and I think it adds to the concept of the partially peeled orange.

I won't be finishing it before next weekend...I'm off on a weekend getaway with my lifelong friend Sharon. I'm hoping everything at home goes well while I'm gone. (fingers crossed)

Step 2-More layers to get closer to the value I want with lots of rich color peeking through.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh, this is already looking so intriguing. Love that background. I'll be looking forward to the finish!