Friday, July 18, 2008

Nectarines - WIP


This is from real life, trying to get in as much practice as possible as I just committed to taking a class with Deborah Bays. My painting/drawing from real life is a bit shaky these days.


Here is a link to some of Deborah's work:



What I like about Deborah's work, other than it's fabulous...is she describes her work as "light revealing form, and conversely, form revealing light". I don't think I could have ever said it that poetically, but I love that same idea and have been trying to explore that this year.


So back to my practice.....this is 8 x 10 on Ampersand Pastelbord with Terry Ludwig pastels (and two Rembrandts).


This is the first step for me...to get some semblance of color, value, and shape on the board and get it covered quickly...like in a half hour.


I'd like to get to step 2 and 3 today but we'll see.

No comments: